Sergio López Ejarque is a lawyer with considerable experience in litigation in all manner of civil and commercial conflicts which include areas in which businesses require counselling, such as effective default management, procedures related to contractual breach in the widest sense, liability actions against company directors and
liability actions due to faulty products.
He is also an expert in devising pre-litigation strategies and has great experience in this field in relation to modifying corporate business networks (distribution, agencies and all manner of commercial partners).
On completing his MBA at the ESADE business school in 2007 and a Master’s Degree in Insolvency Law at UPF (2008), he decided to extend his scope of experience to providing counselling services for companies affected by financial crises, and also specialised in the areas of refinancing, initiating and implementing insolvency proceedings and the purchase of production units.
He gained that experience during his professional career in two of the leading law firms in Spain, Pricewaterhouse Coopers Tax & Legal Services and Garrigues, occupying the position of Senior Associate in both of them and leading several work groups formed by lawyers.
During his nineteen years of professional career he repeatedly provided counseling services to large multinationals, and in particular:
- Counselling as head of the procedural area in Spain for the leading European automobile manufacturer, advising its brands about all manner of civil and commercial law litigation procedures.
- Counselling as head of the procedural area for a leading international household appliance manufacturer.
- Counselling as head of the procedural area for the leading Spanish paint manufacturer.
- Participation in refinancing one of the most important real estate promoters in Catalonia.
- Counselling for one of the main banks operating in Spain in relation to the insolvency and pre-insolvency proceedings of its customers and default management.
- Reiterated counselling for minority shareholder groups in conflicts with majority shareholders.
- Degree in Law and Master’s Degree
in Corporate Law, specialising in commercial law.
ESADE Law department.
Ramon Llull University
- Part-time programme at ESADE BUSINESS SCHOOL.
ESADE – Ramon Llull University
- Master degree in Insolvency Law and Management of Businesses in crisis.
Pompeu Fabra University.
Guillermo Bayas is a member of the State of New York and the Barcelona Bar Associations.
He holds a Master of Laws from New York University (which he studied thanks to a Fundación Rafael del Pino Scholarship), a Postgraduate Degree in Civil Litigation and a Postgraduate Degree in International Relations, among other titles.
He has fifteen years’ experience as a lawyer, mainly in civil and commercial litigation, arbitration and insolvency law, half of which at two major Spanish law firms: Gómez-Acebo & Pombo and Garrigues, with a focus on international cases.
Guillermo has been a teacher on International Litigation at Pompeu Fabra University since 2012 and has taught Lawyering Skills at University of Barcelona from 2013 on.
After six years as Coordinator of the Civil and Commercial Procedure Department of a prestigious Barcelona law firm, in 2019 he joined EJARQUE ABOGADOS as a partner.
In addition to Spanish and Catalan, he is fluent in English, French and Italian.
Guillermo is a member of the Executive Committe of AIJA (Association International des Jeunes Avocats) and the Spanish Arbitration Club.
- Degree in Law
School of Law
Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Master of Laws (LL.M).
NYU School of Law
New York University
- Postgraduate Degree in Civil Litigation.
Continuous Education Institute – UPF
- Postgraduate Degree in International Relations.
Barcelona Center for International Affairs – UAB
- Arbitration Diploma.